Thursday, January 22, 2009

Aunt M

We invited my aunt-my mom's sister-over for dinner tonight. We hadn't had her over to our home since we moved so I discussed with the girls what yummy dinner we could make for her. We had fun planning the meal and preparing it for her. Chicken Acapulco, Rice, Pea Salad, her recipe for cauliflower that I CRAVE and Pretzel Salad for dessert! She is beautiful on the outside--I remember always wanting to be like her when I was young. I would wear her shoes around the house, put her hair up in the wildest mess of a hair-do (or as our family says, a hair-don't) and she'd let me, paint her nails, strum her guitar that I always made sound terrible, play in her stationery and wax seals and beg her to let me try on her clothes. I must have been a pest during her high-school days. But wow, how lovely she is inside also. She has learned alot in life at the School of Hard Knocks and was genuine in sharing it openly and honestly with my daughters. It is so great to be able to talk about the Lord over the evening meal! She has completed the whole Bible in her daily reading and has started it again. It is so exciting to me as she shares this with our family...what encouragement it is to me that they hear others saying the same thing that we as their parents are training them to do! We had such a great time with her and didn't want the evening to end!

No comments:

Post a Comment