Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ouch!

I stepped out on the front porch to put an envelope in the mailbox to go out in the mail. I never made it. One foot off the step and that foot went out from under me. No warning. No slipping or sliding. Just straight down on the porch!! Before I knew it, I was on my bottom and my heart was beating rapidly. Immediately, my heart sank and I felt panic-stricken. I just sat there. I wanted to cry. I began to pray. E came out the door and helped me to the staircase just inside the front door. The children sent the Everybody-Comfort-Mommy alarm amongst themselves and were all huddled about me. Thank you Lord for the care You provided to me through them, their presence and their sweet concern for both me and Baby. We prayed. I headed SLOWLY to the tub to soak. My back was hurting and I was feeling scared. I just kept praying because as much as I have tried to keep an open hand regarding this baby and even prayerful about our other living children, I wanted to cling so tightly instead of ask for God's will to be done. I would try to give it over to God but my flesh and spirit warred. I ended up taking a nap trying to keep myself on "bedrest" but moved to the sofa to stay near the family. No signs of spotting and the baby keeps moving. In fact, movement increased significantly and I wasn't sure if that was comforting to me or not. Certainly feeling Baby move was great relief. So my tailbone is still aching and fear lingers in the outskirts as I try to put all my trust in the Lord and lean upon Him in the midst of this uncertain time. (I was in a wreck when I was carrying WJ and began spotting two days after the wreck so that is the fear hanging in the balance.) Please pray with us for God's will to be done.

2 comments:

  1. Precious daughter of the Most High God, we are praying for you and your baby and the rest of your family. Isn't it a blessing to know whose you are, that you are held in the palm of His capable hand, and that He is not sitting on His throne in heaven wringing those mighty hands over this situation. It is totally in His control. Be at peace and rest in His goodness, my friend.

    Zephaniah 3:17
    The LORD your God is with you,
    he is mighty to save.
    He will take great delight in you,
    he will quiet you with his love,
    he will rejoice over you with singing."

    Love you!
    Shan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Friend! He is good! It is well!

    ReplyDelete