Saturday, January 17, 2009

Answers

I have been pretty emotional lately. I know a good deal of it is hormones and although I don't want to blame that I also needed to acknowledge it. Done. Typically, when a situation doesn't go as I had planned or intended, I can pretty much roll with it. (For clarification, I did say a situation. This doesn't include a series of them nor a long-lasting one!) God has done much honing in this area. The military life was the training ground!! I have had times since those training days and will this side of Heaven when I kick against the goads or balk at the situation but God has proven Himself faithful again and again and I can count on the Future Grace He abundantly gives. Well, last week the red van's radiator began to leak. Again. DH is great at accurately diagnosing and fixing our vehicles but living in town now has limited him with no space to do the actual work. (One time since we moved here, the van broke down away from the house and he fixed it in the parking lot where it was! He amazes me!) So, DH determined what was wrong with it and told me what he needed to do and the look in his eyes wondered where he'd work on the van. He eventually ended up deciding to take it "in" to be repaired due to the lack of space and cold, cold weather looming over him as well as the need of the family vehicle to be in working order much sooner than it was looking like it would be. Upon return of the van, the weather temperatures plummeted and it wouldn't start. Frozen something or another. Typically, I am at home. I am a keeper at home, I like homemade, we home educate, homebirth is my preference, encourage home businesses in our children--you get the point. I am fine to clear the calendar and just stay at home! (I wasn't always that way...further training from the Master!) Well, I did that. We kept busy at home! Then today. I had several errands I had put off and it was basketball day for J. Although T tried again and again to get the van running, it wasn't cooperating. I called my parents and they were "in town" so I asked them to come get us for the game. J had picture-taking with the team so I didn't want to have him miss it. Everyone else had to stay at home as there wasn't room for all of us in the vehicle. : / So I thanked the Lord for working things out to get him there. I had figured I would walk from the basketball game when it was over to the store next door to wait for DH to get off work. My parents called instead and picked us back up. I asked them to take me to the grocery store so I could get that job done while I waited for Hubby. All this worked out and I was thankful in my heart but I was so emotional over it. I am not sure why. The children were safe at home listing to me on their own before I left what all they planned to accomplish while J and I were away. J got to his game AND his team pictures. Everyone was well and safe. I even had the grocery shopping done and DH picked me up from the store when he was done at work. I don't know what bothered me so much about the day but the unsettledness continued through the evening. Giving thanks in all things can be so difficult to do. Still looking for the answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment