Monday, January 19, 2009

Sewing

The deal with the sewing machine coming in the house now is that I am to the point of being forced to use it! Little I try to wear fits well anymore. Initially, I purchased a few "regular clothes" that were larger than the size I am currently wearing and that worked for awhile. It isn't working now and I still have four more months to get through. Flannel nightgowns are great while I am at home but aren't my choice for church or the grocery store. I tried several times to purchase actual maternity clothes but I can't make myself wear the current fashion! I really tried! It was terrible!

So, DH and T brought in my sewing machine from the garage! It is in a sewing cabinet and won't fit upstairs in our sewing room. Initially, I was sad about this but the girls have their machines up there so we can eventually all still work in that room together...when we get it organized! So THAT is the reason that I am not so sad that we can't fit it through the doorway into the actual sewing/craft room. I don't work well in messy rooms and quite frankly, I am overwhelmed by the organization needed in that room. (I still have four other projects I want to complete before I start looking through stored boxes of baby items to find out what we are going to need for Baby. Organizing the sewing/craft room isn't on that list!!)

R helped me and we cleaned out all of the drawers of the sewing cabinet (displayed in the family room!) and used the hose of the vacuum in each one before replacing the notions in the drawers. It looks so nice! Inside!! I am not really thrilled that it is in the family room. I was overwhelmed by the thought of HAVING to sew--it is typically something I would call a hobby and I love to do but it changes definition when it goes from enjoying it to HAVING to do it--and then the mess upstairs really was contributing to the issue.


I tried to hunt for "shiny" in the whole scheme of things and found a pattern. It was a good distraction from the situation. I could begin the mental imaging of material options and creating the actual clothes and get my mind off the situation frustrating me. I have the first two ideas of what I am going to make from the material I already have and called my mom to schedule a trip to Joann Fabrics! This may turn out to be fine after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment