Monday, January 26, 2009

Let It Snow

We woke on Sunday to a downfall of snow and my mood quickly went down with it. I began lamenting aloud over the SNOW! (In my heart is bad enough but make no mistake, everyone in my house knows how I feel about snow!) My DH was on the draw with an attempt of verbal redirection saying it was a beautiful snow and that it wasn't coming down sideways or sleeting while snowing. Bless his heart! I just grumbled that I hated THAT kind of snow even worse. I didn't want to go out in it but he got me safely to the van and off to church we went.

Opening of the service prayer: "Thank you Lord for the snow..." I didn't hear anything else. I was cut in my heart that He says to give thanks in all things. I was so quick to complain! How great would it be if my heart was so QUICK to thank Him?? He is so good to me all the while I deserve hell! How sad that I showed up to worship the King of Kings and still hadn't redirected my heart. He sure took care of that for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment