Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Ice Skating

Since I went home yesterday instead of T Time, I was really missing my meet-with-moms time! I had missed most of the meetings in December except the Christmas party. I love these ladies and enjoy the iron-sharpening sessions as well as just catching up with each other. The dental appointments had already taken priority over Writing Class on Tuesday but I contacted the instructor ahead of time and made arrangements for the girls to attend today. We loaded up and my fantastic chauffeur drove us to the DPL for the class. He drives well, gives us curb-side drop off (and sometimes pick up) service and READ TO BOTH LITTLE BOYS ALMOST THE ENTIRE TIME. Wow! What a gem some gal is gonna be blessed to serve! : ) Once class was over, we headed to McD's for a nutritional meal (lol) but mostly there for the children to use their gift cards they'd received. T purchased he and I a Polar Pop (his thang he shares with his mom!) and we headed to the ice rink for ice skating lessons. Already my heart was waaaa-ing because my new-found dear friend K has moved and this was the sure meeting place each week. Upon arriving, sure enough, the rink seemed empty. No friend, K! It is the location of the giving of the HAT in PINK knitted with love! And prayer!! (Awesome friend, huh?? I will pray for others as I make gifts for them now because of her example to me!) The children all received ice skates for Christmas from my in-laws so they were eager to get them on their feet and get onto the ice. NOTE: New skates have to be sharpened before you can skate with them. JUST INCASE you didn't know that. Like me! So we finished up lessons, headed to the grocery store to pick a few things and then headed home to prepare dinner and for the evening church service. We are BACK AT IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment