Wednesday, January 28, 2009

More Snow

WE HAVE MORE SNOW! We woke to over six inches of the stuff this morning! WOW I was sure that the whole town was sitting dormant. Nope! Even those crazy District 118 schools were open. I was going to call a Snow Day here at The Way Christian Academy but decided I would just have to make it up so we pressed on! (I am so glad that we did too as we accomplished so much!) We were to have ice skating lessons today but DH called me and said HE was cancelling them for us. To him, it just wasn't worth the risk of us getting out. I heartily agreed.

When I realized how much snow we had, the children and I aaaaaw'ed for my youngest niece (pictured above.) The last time she was to come play with WJ, the plans were cancelled so she didn't get to come over. I was so glad when I talked to my s-i-l that things were still a "go" and that the two little cousin-playmates would have an afternoon of fun. These two amaze me! They play so, so, so well together. Two little peas in a pod. The cutest!

Then, we had a wonderful family come by with shovels and cleaned off our driveway. (J bundled up and went outdoors to shovel along side them!) Isn't that amazing? What great friends God has blessed us with! Thank you all so much!!

I thanked the Lord for the beautiful snow, enjoyed the flakes falling most of the day as well as my niece being here with us, thanked the Lord for thoughtful, good friends that blessed us today and what do you know...I hear more snow is forecasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment