Monday, January 5, 2009

Back At It

We are entering a new year so we are trying to get a routine down. Again. I went through our homeschool planner and reorganized the dates I had written in it. With all good intentions, I had planned to "school" until just before we moved. It took most of November to move out of our old house so THAT didn't happen. I dug out the block eraser, used a good deal of it and started the new dates from where we had left off before we moved. I began the task of planning for table time to begin again. (LIFE is learning so I don't minimize what all they do when we don't have typical books open and pencil lead flying!) I restructured our Weekly List of Service To Our Lord aka: chorelist. I did five weeks of menu planning so all I would have to do it write out the grocery list before our trip to the grocery store each week. (I had the great idea to make a standard grocery list for each menu labeled 1-5 and planned to just print it out before shopping but that hasn't happened.)

I had signed the children up for homeschool PE but after rethinking it, I withdrew them from the class. We have T Time, gymnastics and basketball on top of ice skating lessons so we cut out PE this session. Being in town now, it was tempting to try to fit it in but I am so thankful that I stuck to it! I still want to get our list of things to do complete before spring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment