Saturday, January 31, 2009

26 Weeks

Today marks another milestone in my heart...we are six and a half months pregnant and I saw my midwife yesterday. FUN! Baby's heartbeat was 150-which is so very consistent each time we have heard the wqur wqur wqur from the womb! I measured 29 cm which is also consistent for me to measure larger than the weeks I am pregnant. So, all is well! We have another appointment scheduled for four weeks and then we will be down to the final ten.

NOTE: IF I delivered on my due date (and I don't) then today we would also be down to double digits on the countdown to Baby arriving. 99 today! But I go one week past my typical due date so next week we will be down to double digits.

ADDITIONAL NOTE: In the Marine Corps, deployments were a part of our lives and we would wave with tears burning our cheeks as Daddy went away. Again. So, during the first couple days to help with the adjustment, we would make paper chains: one link for each day he would be gone. Each night, we took turns tearing off a chain having managed to get through another day. At first, the chain looked endless. Most deployments were six or more months. A chain for each day almost looked hopeless but using this method was realistic for the children to see and it helped us get by. DOUBLE DIGITS was the big deal for us. It was the finale. We would begin homecoming plans and prepare for the big arrival (and another adjustment period.) I am so thankful that portion of our lives is RETIRED.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! You have been a mommy to this new little one for 26 weeks now. Yeah! God is good!

    ReplyDelete