Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Fear

I am working through a study called Overcoming Fear and had it ranked as something do-able. And of course with Jesus, it is! But I really didn't think that fear was all that big of a deal in my life. I wanted to do a new study along with my daily Bible reading so I chose this off my shelf. I was thinking I could (simply) work through this and yet still "work" in my quest to grow to be more like Christ. wow Here I sit with a list of sins piled up to pray about each one asking God for forgiveness, freedom, and redemption just from the sin of fear:
  • Lack of Trust
  • Fear Itself
  • Anger
  • Bitterness
  • Frustration
  • Pride
  • Jealousy
  • Covetousness
  • Selfishness

I had no idea. What a challenge this has already become and I am only on chapter two.

No comments:

Post a Comment