Friday, March 6, 2009

Webinar

Last night I listened to Love For A Lifetime. This is a workshop from at Hearts At Home last year done by Mark and Jill Savage. They shared the content again last night online and I wanted to share it here.

They used the acronym GROW UP:
G Give grace and ask forgiveness often. We all make mistakes so choose to forgive. Don't get angry. Let him off the hook. Colossians 3:13 Make allowance for each other's faults and forgive anyone who offends you.

R Respect him. Our differences benefit each other. Just because he likes spicy foods and I don't care for them doesn't make either of us wrong--just different. Respect it not struggle with it. I Peter 2:17 Treat everyone with dignity.

O Own your own stuff. No "blame game" playing. Be responsible about my part in the conflict. Even if my part is 10% then own what my "stuff" is and allow God to deal with him. Proverbs 13:10 Pride leads to conflict.

W Watch my tongue. Huge amounts of self control. Use words that bring healing. Be oh so careful about my thoughts regarding him. Tone is crucial! Challenge: Fast from criticism--choose to restrain words and then choose to forgive and let it go. Proverbs 12:18 Reckless words pierce like a sword but the tongue of the wise brings healing. Proverbs 18:21 The tongue has the power of life and death. Proverbs 21:23 Watch you words and hold your tongue; you'll save yourself a lot of grief. Luke 6:45 What you say flows from what is in your heart.


U Understand love. Love is a choice. It is active serving! It is honest. Be respectful when sharing the truth. Deal with my own junk first before I loving share what the difficulty is within me. Know our love languages to be able to communicate love the way we receive it. I Corinthians 16:14 Do everything in love.

P Pray continually. I need God's help to walk in the right way. I can't do it by myself--ask Him for help. Let God lead. Be certain to follow. I Thessalonians 5:17 Never stop praying.

A good marriage is not so much about marrying the right person
as it is about becoming the right partner.
Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment