Thursday, March 5, 2009

Today

Awhile back, I had ordered two dresses for R and AG for them to wear to the upcoming wedding. I had decided that I would purchase material and make a dress for E similar to the ones I bought. Their dresses looked a bit young for her so I would alter it a bit to make it "junior" rather than "little girl-ish." I have hunted for both material and a pattern. Nada. I knew that I could make my own pattern but the problem remained not finding material to match the two younger girls. I wondered if a thrift store might have a dress in the same color material that I could tear apart and remake for her. We headed there today but the place was packed. Instead of fighting the crowd, I decided to get what we needed from Target and head back home. (My back was killing me from waddling around!) When I parked, I noticed the bridal store next to Target. As much as the two little boys didn't want to, we headed into the store. I explained what I was looking for and the lady showed us to the dresses that would be in the girls' size. Lo and behold, on the rack where we were looking was a dress that wasn't suppose to be in that area. This dress, we were certain, was the exact same color we had been hunting for all over the surrounding towns. The clerk explained that it wasn't suppose to be hanging there because it was on clearance. I knew in my heart Who had put it there and that it was indeed suppose to be there for us today. E went to try it on and it was as if I had custom made it to fit her. I was choked up! The lady came to check on her and I told her that God had put that dress there just for us today and explained the other two dresses and our quest. She said she is so excited when He does that and builds faith in us and our children and uses things that most think that He doesn't care at all about--like dresses for a wedding. I paid for our dress-on-clearance and hugged her on my way out of the store.
THEN! I had a sad email from a dear friend this morning that asked me to pray with her regarding the precious baby she is carrying. She thought that the baby might have gone to Heaven and knowing well that feeling, I bowed and prayed. I prayed all through the day and specifically when I knew she was seeing a midwife to ascertain her situation with Baby. She emailed me to say they saw a heartbeat and that Baby is doing well. Rejoice in the Lord!

Lastly, DH and T arrived safely in Indianapolis and are enjoying their time together at the summit. Please continue to pray with me for each of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment