Monday, December 1, 2008

Thirteen


We have three teenagers in our home as of today! T is 19, E is 15 and R is 13 today! I wanted today to be so special for her since the typical Munro Family Big Birthday is usually done when they turn Double Digits. For her 10th birthday, my cousins' mom was killed in a tragic car accident so we were sharing in their grief along side them. With respect for them, we chose not to celebrate largely. The following year, she chose not to have a large party. The year after that she still didn't want to have a big party; I asked right after she turned 12 to see if she wanted to celebrate 13. She said yes. I have planned all year with several ideas and since we celebrate on the child's actual birthday, the ideas we had wouldn't work. The zoo was too cold and we weren't sure Moms would let their children travel that far with us if it was open, Holiday World was closed and the travel issue still, ice skating wouldn't accommodate our specific day, bowling was the same thing and I wasn't sure what else to do. I spoke with Sharon at Illini Skateland and she was INCREDIBLE! Call them!! I highly recommend them! Sharon was so wonderful with our family and she was excellent with the girls gathering together to celebrate God's gift of R to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment