Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Cookie Exchange

Today I gathered with my wonderful mom, her beautiful sister, their brother's fantastic wife, one of their first cousins that I hadn't seen in so long and all but one of my first cousins. The "missing one" lives in northern Indiana so not adding her that would be three more -- if you are counting. We meet annually for a cookie exchange and this year was for Christmas! One of my cousins opened her home, sent her children with her husband and ordered MONICAL'S PIZZA just for the adults! WOW She even had two coupons that made it oh-so affordable for me to splurge on myself! Yummy!! We had such a fun time catching up with each other and laughing at antics only cousins would think were funny. We bring our annual cache of cookies and share them amongst ourselves. It has grown into fudge and peppermint bark as well! My girls beg for the latter. How I pray that this will continue as we make family memories together and grow traditions for our children that will honor the institution of family that God designed.

No comments:

Post a Comment