Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Card Pictures

What are your Christmas traditions? I try to keep my family focused on the Reason for the Season and our society works hard to distract them from the lessons. Jesus wasn't even born on December 25th so for us it is a season of celebration of the Birth of the King and not the big, jolly guy in the red suit. I want our season to be filled with family traditions that point us to the Babe in a manger long ago in Bethlehem who grew to be the God-Man that died upon the cross for the remission of sin upon Calvary. Whosoever will...

One of my individual favorite things to do at Christmas is send Christmas cards. Our nomadic life has led us and many, many others we have met along the way to various places. A great way to connect again is through the message of a Christmas card. I enjoy putting a scene together in my mind and gathering my family for a picture taking event to include in the card.

Side note: T was taking a picture on a cell phone of him and another person and he worked and worked until he got a good picture! I am sure our occasions of picture-taking have been a huge influence in his perseverence!

These episodes have taken place at such significant markers as the fireplace, outside in the snow, in front of the Christmas tree--time and again--and even the portrait studio. You get the idea. Then there is the attire we wear...no easy feat to match this growing family with Type A Personality Mom. But I enjoy the final outcome and my mind races for another Christmas picture scene.

I have given into the address label naming each child and their age in brightly colored ink stuck on the back of each picture. With a new baby in the spring, I am most certain I will resort to the portrait studio to let someone else take the picture next year!

I guess the snow has provided an opportunity for another outdoor event. Maybe sleds at Harrison Park this year. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment