Thursday, April 9, 2009

Bonus

While attending Hearts At Home, I heard the most amazing, wonderful things. One of those things was a term that was so affirming to the place I am in life. Pam Ferrell was describing the typical season of a woman over 40...wife for decades, mom of teens with hormones, aging parents, witnessing husband begin to slow down (termed: midlife!) and for some of us, BONUS BABIES. I was stunned! Do you know what that is?? A BONUS BABY is a baby born in our 40's! WOW! What an incredible view to have about this little life with which God Himself has blessed us! It was amazing what soared through my heart...in the midst of all these changes in my life, these struggles with which I battle, what a concept to have regarding the Blessing that God has given to us!! A BONUS! So when I had previously struggled with how to deal with others' comments and attitudes about still having children, this has completely changed my perspective on how to deal with it/them! A BONUS! Extra! Plus! Additional benefit! Windfall! How fantastic to go along with God's Word that calls children a blessing...a reward! WOO HOO! Bonus Baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment