Saturday, February 19, 2011

S I M P L E

We moved. Again. This past October it was a local move to a bit larger home on 7.5 acres. We had relocated to this area as a transfer for employment. (We like to eat so we chose to move.) We were told, however, that it would be temporary. Since our move here had followed the flow of 75 other families to the area, the rentals were hard to come by. The one house we did find, we were thankful for: nice neighborhood, clean house. Small, but nice enough. After months of waiting to relocate, we decided to look locally for more a place with more space. We found it instantly and made the move that weekend.

Even though we have been here some months and the end-of-the-year holidays are past, I still don't feel settled into our new home. Being a Marine Wife for 20 years, I learned not to let the things I owned own me. I had to be able to let go of anything. Frequently. This really worked for my benefit to live a simple life. But here I am six years after retirement and the usual peace that comes with a move and settling in hasn't been present. Am I being owned by "things" we live with?

I found this project.



I am beginning next month with someone else leading the project. I pray that this nudge along with the cyber-company of others will help me get all settled in so I can focus on all the fun spring and summer projects our family has planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment